In terms of efficiency, SARS eFiling makes it faster and easier for businesses and individuals to submit their returns, view their tax status and submit payments to SARS 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
While this had a direct affect of benefiting individuals and businesses that submitted their own documentation, it also had a positive effect on my own accounting firm, Dirmeik Consulting. With access to SARS eFiling, we could not only offer a more competitive rate to our customers but a more efficient service too, given we have direct access to submitting documents, viewing tax profiles, facilitating payment, etc.
If you are new to the tax world and would like a breakdown of what SARS offers, read on.
What is SARS eFiling?
SARS eFiling is a secure online web portal that allows taxpayers, tax practitioners and businesses to submit returns and declarations, as well as make payment and perform various other interactions with the South African Revenue Service (SARS).
The service is free of charge and on par with other international eFiling services.
Advantages of SARS eFiling
- A huge time saver: No more queues and parking problems
- Always available: Access eFiling online 24/7/365
- Environmentally friendly, less paper is used
- eFilers are given more time to submit their documentation and payments
- Faster processing cycle for individuals and businesses
- Access a full history of all submissions and payments
- Submit a variety of tax returns including VAT, Income tax, Provisional Tax, SDL and PAYE.
Help with SARS eFiling
While SARS has made it easier to submit their returns and declarations, it still requires a certain degree of financial savvy in order to demystify the processes and correctly complete the forms.
You may rather choose to contact a professional who can offer increased value from utilising this system. As a result of eFiling, Dirmeik Consulting can offer affordable rates for a quality and efficient service.
For friendly advice, contact Brett on 021 421 4444.